Thursday, February 20, 2014

2 layer Eagle PCB for STM32F3 version Flight Controller

As soon as I am concerned, eagle PCB is a very good tool of easy designing and layoutting. For more professional design and layout, Capture CIS schematic and Allegro are better. BTW, I think there is no point to compare these two different style things.

The auto router is ok for just layoutting a simple circuit. The STM32F313 is a very strange mcu since now STMICRO is not offering any information relate to this mcu.

The circuit is just based on PX4 2.43 circuit. What I was doing is just to edit and delete some thing. I did delete the battery management circuit since I think that is really too much for a middle level flight controller. And I also deleted the LED management circuits. I found that was not really necessary to use.

Also, if thinking about the price of MS5611 IC and MPU6050 , and the potential of damaging them when soldering. It is good to just buy a cheap and small board GY-86 from ebay, which will really save your time.

It is not easy to do the layout when you want to do smaller layout such as 1.5x1.5 inches (Especially when you do the 2-layer). I did not care about the layout at the first time, then it resulted a big layout 3.1x2.15 inches layout and it will take me 35$ in OSHPark..

Anyway, I think I probably will transfer this to allegro. I do think some vertical angles generated by the autorouter is hardly adjusted by hands in eagle.

Here's the layout generated by auto router from EAGLE PCB.




No comments:

Post a Comment